Another Highlight of the Okanagan! Our community has quite a few neat events throughout the year for fundraisers and different things like that and they are usually quite fun. Our Towne Centre in Westbank had an event called Building Hope for the Habitat for Humanity this Father's Day. They had bouncy houses, colouring, games, draws for prizes, bbq, and a cool house building contest. Different businesses came together in teams and built playhouses for people to bid on. There were trophies for best house and the proceeds from the bids go to the Habitat for Humanity. Very cool! I try to attend as many charity events as possible and this one was fun.
The kids got to do some neat spin art at the Bricks 4 Kidz booth! Bricks 4 Kids is a really cool program where kids learn through lego. They have preschool programs, summer camps, and so much more. For more information visit www.bricks4kidz.com they have locations all over the world, look for one near you!
Buck or Two had a playtime section with all kinds of different toys for the kids to play with.
At the desire 2 read booth Brooke and Tyson had a tower building contest, they had a lot of fun with that. Desire 2 Read is a Kelowna-based tutoring centre providing one-on-one tutoring support for students of all ages and grade levels struggling with reading, writing, comprehension and math. Our programs are individually tailored to meet the personal needs of each child including learning differences, difficulties, or disabilities. Visit www.desire2read.com for more information!
They have a neat attraction I never even knew about called the Okanagan Observatory which is completely free to anyone who wants to go.
So far in my Highlights of the Okanagan crusade we have been featured on T.V. which is pretty cool!
I try to raise my kids with a great respect for the world we live in, when I took them to the park on Sunday there was a huge mess of paper and wrappers so we had a little park cleanup before we went to play :)
My baby boy is extremely well behaved when we go out even in the hot summer sun. He just plays with his toys and watches the world around him.Here are my tips to happy summer outings with your baby:
- Bring lots of toys to keep him entertained
- Make sure to bring adequate amounts of food
- Take baby in a stroller instead of carrying him/her, naps are a lifesaver!
- Check diaper more frequently, heat and sweat can be irritating
- Keep baby cool, use a blanket for shade over your stroller
- Let baby sit up and watch the festivities
- Hat, sunscreen, change of clothes, lots of wipes, and whatever you usually provide for your baby
- Be sure to take a few minutes whenever possible to give baby some attention, no matter what is going on around you your baby thrives off your love and attention so do frequent "mommy moments" and your day out will be a success!