I love cheesecake. I really love it when I don't have to warm up my house making it during the summer. This is one of my all time favorite recipes and it is perfect for your kids to help you make it to.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
You will need:
oil to grease pans
6 ounces of graham crackers
3/4 stick of butter or 1/4 cup of margarine
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 package of strawberry jello
7 ounces or 1 package of cream cheese
2 cup whipping cream (1 for inside cake 1 for decor)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp sugar
- Grease your pan with the oil. Take your graham crackers and place them in a bag so you can crush them. This is fun for the kids to do, but if your by yourself you can use your food processor. Put your butter in the microwave while your doing this. Place the fine crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter.
- Slice up the strawberries into small pieces, they don't need to be exact sizes just a rough chop will do. Place them into a saucepan with the sugar and water. Cook them for about 5-7 minutes or until they are soft.
- Remove strawberries from heat and mix in the jello powder. Let cool.
- Whip the cream cheese. This can be difficult if your cream cheese is cold so whip it and scrape the beater as you go so you can get it all to the right consistency. Pour the strawberry mix into the cheese once it is cool and mix it together.
- Whip your whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks, add half of it into the strawberry cheese mixture by gently folding.
- Spoon the mixture into your pan and smooth over. Let set for about 2 hours.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream and strawberries!