We all want to look our best, but have you seen the prices of top of the line face cream?!? There is no way I would ever spend 70-100 dollars on a face cream, wash, scrub, etc. I enjoy looking good while not spending a fortune and I think everyone should have the opportunity to do it as well. So here I have a couple simple recipes that cost a few dollars to make for yourself.
Anti-wrinkle Eye Cream
This cream is comparable to the highest quality face creams and can be made for a small fraction of the cost.
2 TBSP Jasmine Oil
1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
2 TBSP Almond Oil
3 TBSP Wheat Germ Oil
2 TBSP Lanolin
2 TBSP Glycerin
2 Drops Geranium Oil
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Vitamin E Capsule
1. Begin by warming the jasmine oil in a saucepan on low heat.
2. Using a double boiler, warm the avocado, almond, and wheat germ oils and then stir in the lanolin until melted and combined.
3. Add the jasmine oil to the double boiler as well and stir until well combined. Add the geranium, and olive oil and glycerin and then pierce the vitamin E capsule and squeeze contents into the mixture.
4. Once the mixture is fully combined pour into a 6 ounce glass jar or an air tight container and store in a cool dark place.
Tired Eye Remedy
When you have tired eyes you look older then you are, sad but true, fix that problem after a hard days work or lack of sleep with this easy remedy that costs a lot less then those roll on eye treatments.
1 Cup Boiling Water
2-3 Rose Petals
1 TBSP Witch Hazel
1. Begin by steeping the rose petals in the boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Once the petals have sat in the water give them a squeeze to drain them of any excess and remove the petals.
2. Add the witch hazel and stir to combine. Once the mixture is well combined dip a cotton ball or a cotton pad in the liquid and apply all around your eyes and then sit back and rest with your eyes closed and keep the pads on your eyelids for a minimum of 5 mins.
These are my two favorite face treatments that are so easy to make and completely affordable. They work so well that I have made people switch from the high priced brand name products to my favorite recipes! Try them you will love them!
Another great way to pamper yourself is an aromatic and all-natural body scrub. Body scrubs help with skin cell turnover, remove dead cells, and smoothes and softens rough, dry skin. Here is a Strawberry-Lemon scrub recipe card you'll love. And for more check out these 11 DIY Body Scrub Recipes using the Fruits & Veggies in Your Fridge.