Fall Photos & Winter Prep
I just wanted to share some of my wonderful fall photos with everyone before the snow hits and the winter photos begin. It's time to get outside and rake the leaves and prepare for a cold winter.
How do you prepare for cold winters? As soon as the temperature drops I think of ways to keep my home warm to keep my heating costs down. Here is what I do to winterize my house:
- Insulate vents and other drafty places
- Caulk windows and doors
- Seal windows with poly
- Install thicker curtains
- Install weather stripping
- Uninstall outside hose & turn off water to that tap
- Get some area rugs if your floors are bare like mine
- Get everyone slippers
- Make sure everyone has a variety of sweaters, robes, and blankets
That's about it. Right now I am going to clean up my yard and get my chicken run winterized. Have a great day!