I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms, but these are absolutely fantastic! I started with a basic recipe I found on the web and changed it to my own taste preferences. I hope you enjoy!
- 20-30 mushrooms
- 2 packages of cream cheese (softened, which can be done in the microwave)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup artificial crab meat, or real crab meat
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Clean your mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth and cutting off the tips of the stems, throw away the chopped off tips. Clean out the inside of the mushroom using a small spoon, save for next step. I scoop out the remainder of the stem and some of the inside to form a large cup for the stuffing. Rub the bottoms of each mushroom with butter or margarine.
2. Chop the mushroom bits you just scooped out. Dice them small by running your knife over them the same way you would chop a herb. Put the mushroom bits in your mixing bowl. If your cream cheese has been sitting out and has softened, place it in the bowl with the mushroom bits, if you just took it out of the fridge place it in a separate bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
3. Put all of your ingredients in the mixing bowl except for 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, set the cheese aside. Stuff your mushrooms with the filling, it is OK if it is overstuffed. Once all your mushrooms are stuffed, sprinkle each mushroom with the Parmesan you set aside.
4. Place all of your mushrooms on a sheet pan or baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the tops begin to turn golden brown.
5. These wonderful appetizers are great on their own or served with lemon juice or tartar sauce.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.