Back to school expenses are on the rise and Halloween is on its way so how do parents get through it all without spending a small fortune? Value Village! Now open in West Kelowna for happy shoppers everywhere!
Yesterday I had an opportunity to shop the store and it was fantastic! Savings can be found throughout and I was able to get some really great items.
- Brand new ladies leggings
- Ladies top
- 1 pair girls winter boots
- 1 pair boys shoes
- 1 boys sweater
- 1 boys pants
- 1 container of art supplies
- Baby doll
- Little people play set
- 1 package of assorted toys
- 1 package of Tech Decks
- 1 Halloween skull decoration
This made for some happy kids and a happy mom, I got something for all of us and it cost a fraction of the price if I would have bought brand new.
About Value Village:
o Value Village is a thrift retailer that offers quality, affordable clothing and household goods in a clean, department store-like setting.
o Reuse is our reason for being, and we have been extending the life of goods for more than 60 years.
o Together with our nonprofit partners, our stores divert more than 650 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year by putting these goods into the hands of people who will give them a new life or making sure they are properly reused or recycled.
o With more than 100,000 items on its sales floor at any given time, and carrying everything from clothing and accessories, to housewares and electronics, Value Village is no ordinary thrift store.
o Customers will find a fresh stock of value-priced goods, including authentic vintage finds and name brand fashions, with up to 10,000 new items placed on the floor each day.
o By donating and shopping for clothes at Value Village, people in the community can integrate going green into their everyday lives, organize their homes and closets, and score unique fashion finds – all while helping to support the missions of Value Village’s local nonprofit partners.
· Value Village is the ultimate Halloween destination for creating unique, fun, fashionable or frightening costumes for the whole family and for every budget.
Value & Selection
o You don’t need to spend a fortune to have a memorable Halloween!
o From new Halloween accessories starting at just $1.99 to licensed movie characters, authentic uniforms and wedding dresses – we truly have it all.
o Value Village gives shoppers the most cost-effective and creative options under one roof with the widest selection of affordable new and gently used costumes, accessories and seasonal home décor.
Mixing New & Used
o Customers can pull pieces from our endless aisles of secondhand clothing to build costumes from scratch, or choose costumes, wigs and accessories from our selection of new seasonal merchandise.
Costume Consultants & Resources
o Value Village has specially trained Costume Consultants in each store ready to help shoppers put together one-of-a-kind looks that will stand out this Halloween.
o Value Village also offers a wide variety of creative costume ideas, makeup tutorial videos and DIY inspiration for Halloween home décor on our website (www.valuevillage.com) and on our social channels (Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook).
The #IGiveaShirt Campaign:
· Each year, people consume over 80 billion pieces of clothing, causing the clothing industry to become one of the world’s biggest polluters.
· This back-to-school shopping season (the second-busiest shopping period behind the December holidays), Value Village is challenging people to come together to save 700 million gallons of water through one simple act: replacing one new t-shirt purchase with a thrifted one. If Value Village gets 1 million people to choose a thrifted t-shirt in place of a new one, it’ll be the equivalent of saving over 1,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools full of water, before the first bell rings.
· A few small decisions about what you wear can make a huge difference for the planet. By making the choice to shop thrift, people can save up to 700 gallons of water that would go into one new cotton t-shirt and 1,800 gallons of water that would go into making a pair of jeans.
· And donating your clothes to Value Village’s nonprofit partners, instead of ditching them, can help keep hundreds of millions of tons of reusable clothing from piling up in our landfills every year. You can visit www.rethinkreuse.ca to learn more about Value Village’s Rethink Reuse campaign and #IGiveaShirt.