Top 5 tips to keep you looking your best in the summer and beyond!
Memorial Day is just around the corner, and while most everyone is ready to embrace the warm weather, it’s important to remember that the sun’s rays can reak havoc on your skin, with both short term and long term results. Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist Jill Caruso is sharing her top five tips to keep you looking your best in the summer and beyond, along with her favorite products* that will help keep your skin in top condition!
1. Use SPF every day - There is good reason you get this advice over and over again. This is a non-negotiable for healthy skin. Protecting your skin from the sun's harmful UVA/UVB rays is mandatory for skin health and anti-aging.
2. Don't forget your lips! - This delicate area is often forgotten, but the lips require sun protection and hydration. Lips are just as susceptible to sun damage as the rest of the face. Lips tend to get dried out so when not in the sun make sure to hydrate them
3. Botox helps prevent wrinkles... and sweat! - By temporarily paralyzing muscles, you are able to prevent future wrinkles. This is especially important around the "crow's feet" area in the summer, when we tend to squint more in the sun. Botox is also used for hyperhidrosis, so you can prevent excess sweat on the forehead, as well as and sweaty armpits!
4. Reapply SPF without messing your makeup! - Carry a brush-on mineral SPF, which is easy to use and super convenient.
5. Use nightly fading cream - Dark spots tend to appear more in the summer when the skin is being constantly exposed to the sun.
MORE ABOUT JILL CARUSO RN, BSN, CANS:
Jill Caruso is a Board Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist based in New York City and one of only 220 practitioners with credentials from the Plastic Surgery Nursing Board. Jill began working as a cosmetic injection practitioner more than 7 years ago, and started working alongside Dr. David Fox Vein Care in 2014. She specializes in anti-aging treatments and clinical skin care. Using injectable fillers, neurotoxins, chemical peels, lasers, and Kybella, Jill softens the sign of aging. Her “less is more” philosophy and innate artistic ability, combined with a passion for the personalized patient care allows her to give her clients the most optimal outcome: their most beautiful, natural self.
Jill’s Aesthetic Services Include:
· Botox, Dysport & Xeomin: The number one aesthetic procedures in the U.S. to reduce fine lines
· Dermal Fillers: Great for returning volume to your face by filling in wrinkle lines.
· Chemical Peels: Great for brightening and tightening sins of aging and photodamage.
· Kybella Treatments: For non-surgical double chin reduction.