This tasty cool snack found on HealthyFamiliesBC is a healthier alternative to sugary popsicles. Give them a try!
Making fruit pops:
- Select at least one fruit and one 100% fruit juice for your base ingredients. Yogurt will add a creamy texture. Mint, cinnamon, or finely grated citrus peel (zest) can add pizzazz.
- Blend all your ingredients together, adjusting the texture to your preference. Blend longer for a smooth texture or skip this step completely if you prefer frozen whole berries or sliced fruit.
- Pour your smoothie into cups or molds, insert sticks and freeze until solid.
- Once frozen solid, pour a little warm water over the outside of the cup or mold to loosen the fruit pop.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Peach yogurt + ripe peaches + orange juice
- Watermelon + coconut water + white grape juice + fresh mint
- Pineapple juice and chunks + watermelon + kiwi + strawberries
- Banana + mango + orange juice
- Plain yogurt + blueberries + grape juice
- Turn your favourite smoothie recipe into a fruit pop!
Looking for more healthy recipes? HealthyFamiliesBC has lots more in their food and nutrition section!