This is probably the most versatile snack mix I have created and it is completely safe to take to school if you pass adding nuts to the mix. If your eating it at home then your more then welcome to add any allergens you like. Here is my super simple recipe:
- Chex or Shreddies cereal
- Cheerios (can be any kind)
- Cheese crackers (we use the new Bearpaw crackers)
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add any dry items you like - pretzels, cranberries, raisins, different crackers, nuts, etc.
2. Using a small saucepan combine butter, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and honey. On medium heat stirring occasionally bring to a simmer. When everything is melted together remove from heat.
3. Using a spoon or by slowly pouring out of the saucepan drizzle the sauce over the dry mix, stir the mix in between to make sure it is well coated.
4. Put the mix in the oven and every 10 minutes give it a stir until a half hour has passed. Let the mix cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.