Simple Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
Homemade soup is such a warming comfort that makes any tummy happy. I love to create simple soup recipes that you can modify and customize to suit your mood and budget. My favorite soups are cream based but I enjoy all different kinds. This is my super simple chicken corn chowder recipe that anyone can make and everyone enjoys!
- 6 chicken thighs or 4 breasts
- 2 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups table cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- 5 strips bacon (optional)
1. Begin by slicing the bacon into 1 inch pieces and frying in a large stock pot add the onion and garlic. Once bacon is slightly crispy add the chicken and cook completely.
2. Add flour and combine with the meat, cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the corn and potatoes and let cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
3. Pour in the cream and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! You can add any veggies you want to this recipe and it will be amazing, make it your own and have fun creating!