—better known to her fans as MakikoArt
—is a textile artist and jewelry designer noted for her naive and whimsical animal embroidery motifs, especially her hand-stitched custom pet portrait brooches. Born in St. Petersburg, she currently lives in Vienna, Austria.
Hand Sewing Magic is an essential reference to all things stitching, featuring how-tos for dozens of stitches, from the basics for sewing and mending to stunning embroidered embellishment.Hand Sewing Magic
is a modern, all-in-one guide for hand stitchers of all levels of skill and experience, and for all applications. In this unique guide book you will:
- Get an in-depth overview of essential tools and materials, including thread, needles, fabric, and other key supplies.
- Explore a comprehensive visual dictionary of 35 stitches plus dozens of variations, from basic mending to stylish decorative embellishment to unique art stitching.
- Discover key techniques, from starting and ending threads to the right way to use an embroidery hoop, from stitching curved shapes to color shading, and more.
- Learn essential tips and tricks from influential and innovative stitchers, including Joanne Sharpe, Allison Aller, and Catherine Redford.
- 10 simple and stunning projects show unique ways to use stitches and techniques.
With Hand Sewing Magic
, you’ll make the most of your hand stitching and give all your projects a beautiful handmade look.
is a mixed-media surface design artist who focuses on pattern and color. Her work features painting, drawing, and hand stitching on both fabric and paper. Lynn has written nearly 50 magazine articles for such publications as Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors, Uppercase, Fiber Art Now,
and Sew Somerset,
and is the author of The Hand-Stitched Surface
(CPi, 2017) and Intentional Printing: Simple Techniques for Inspired Fabric Art
She also has a collection of floss with thread manufacturer Aurifil, Inked by Lynn Krawczyk
, as well as three instructional DVD workshops with Quilting Arts/F&W Media: Print, Design, Compose; Color Theory Made Easy;
and Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials.
Lynn teaches surface design workshops at various venues throughout the United States. She lives in Plymouth, Michigan.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.