For every human, the most important part of development takes place at an early age. Our experience in childhood shapes our overall personality. We all remember our most favorite teacher and how she takes care of us in our childhood phase, don’t we?
The majority of us love our pre-school teacher and how she entertains us. But her job is not as easy as it seems. Pre-school teachers are someone parents trust to take care of their young children. Her responsibility is quite big as she is the one taking care of children who can’t take care of themselves enough. A teacher has to facilitate kids in every step. Her job is to watch every stepchild are taking. It’s very difficult to ensure the safety of young children. One more thing it’s the first time they are coming out to learn and experience the world without their parents.
Let’s discuss five ways to ensure safety for the kids early learning center.
- Manage all the supplies and objects
- Planning everything out.
- How to cope up with emergency
The most essential part of any job is training. For kids early learning center it’s essential for teachers to be trained. Institutions are here which are giving training for pre-school teachers. Their curriculum must be designed in this way that she will be able to cope up with different situations, moods.
It’s all suggested in a study that emotional development, cognitive development and physical development all are interlinked with each other which results in overall growth all require active attention in early learning years. (Link below)
2. BehaviorKids have different temperament teacher has to be patient otherwise she is not able to handle kids. The teacher has to be calm and composed so that she can manage the whole class well. All pupils are coming from different backgrounds of society so definitely they are different from each other. A teacher should be well behaved and disciplined. She should be trained in this way that she can handle different moods of kids.
One research has been done on preschool going kids and it’s suggested that care and education are two sides of the same thing in the early age of life. That means if you give care to small children they will be able to gain knowledge well.
3. CleanlinessEarly child development centers must ensure cleanliness and hygiene at any cost. Young children are more prone to catch germs as they are quite sensitive. The center’s administration should make sure that all the classes should be dust-free, mopped.
4. ToysKids are very active. Normally they want to play with everything they had in their hands. Any object present in class must be clean and sanitized. Toys should be clean well and sanitized after that so they will be germs free when children play with them.
5. Ill ChildrenThere are many diseases which spread from skin to skin contact. Small children play together. The teacher and administration must make sure if some kid is coming after any illness like measles, cold, flu, fever or diarrhea if that kid is fully recovered or not, pre-schools should make sure all the children are fully vaccinated for chronic disease.
6. Washing HandsThe teacher should make sure to wash her hands before coming to class and train kids to wash their hands before taking any class, even after finishing the whole session of each day teacher and kids must wash their hands so that they will not carry any germs to home. So germs won’t spread from one child to another.
7. Manage all the supplies and objectsAll schools have their supplies, both administration and teacher make sure that all the supplies are in place. The school must have enough supplies to facilitate the class accordingly.
8. Sharp objectsAll schools carry sharp objects like scissors, pins, safety pins its teacher’s responsibility to keep these things from children out of reach, out of sight from young children. These sharp objects are very dangerous for anyone, especially children. It can hurt them badly. Also, tell children that these sharp things are very dangerous so they can be cautious too.
Teach children and also develop a bond of trust with children, be friendly so it’s easier for kids to open up with a teacher. Also, tell kids if they found some kid carry these kinds of objects inform a teacher or someone elder as soon as possible.
9. Poisonous thingsWe all use a substance like a harpist or Lomax to clean washrooms and surface cleaner to mop the floor. These liquids are a very big risk for young children and can take life. Schools must make sure that after the cleaning process done these liquids kept in the cupboard and those cupboards are out of reach from children.
10. Planning everything outThese learning centers design all the activities of each week and how all of them are managed accordingly.
11. Indoor ActivitiesThere are many indoor class activities that are performed on a day-to-day basis like reading, writing, and coloring. In every class, there are chairs and desks. Classes do carry wooden furniture. School administration should make sure chairs and desks are designed in such a way that sharp things like nails, nuts, and bolts are not going to hurt children.
12. Outdoor activitiesWhile recalling our childhood memories we always cherish the moments we enjoyed outdoors and our experience towards different school trips. Children love to explore new places new things new activities which are helpful for their growth both mentally and physically. Centers must provide such a friendly and well-protected environment where children will play and learn.
Outdoor activities are designed in such a way where risk should be minimized. Chances of children getting hurt are minimum. All the swings and benches are fully maintained and according to standards.
13. School tripsKids should be taught to take care of each other. If they go outside the school on some trip they must hold hands and make a circle or queue so they will not be misplaced. Teachers and center administration must make sure to take care of all the kids going on a trip.
Teachers should not force any kid to go on some ride some kids are having fear of heights and darks. The teacher makes sure to ask parents first about children’s phobias before going on a trip and take permission after that.
14. How to cope up with emergencyPre-school, schools, colleges, and universities are places where emergency situations can arise anytime. As kids and young generation love to play and any emergency can occur. To cope up with any emergency situation arisen pre-school must have a doctor and dispensary.
In case of emergency, any injury doctor must be present in an early childhood learning center so that the doctor can prescribe any medicine accordingly. A doctor must be well qualified to treat kids according to their needs. He/ she must be practicing doctor and dealt with similar cases in the past.
What if a doctor is present but he has no bandage, no medicine, no supply available. He won’t do anything then. All the medicine, bandages must be checked thoroughly (expired medicine should be dumped on time). Even the teacher must be trained to do bandage if a doctor is not available. In the case of any emergency, the child can be given first aid before going to the hospital.
Small children are difficult to manage. When it comes to preschool. Managing so many children coming from different classes and backgrounds is a tough task. Providing quality education to children is a goal that can’t be completed by the teacher only but it’s teamwork and school management should also play their part. Ensuring cleanliness in school is mandatory. Schools environment should be safe and secure for young children so they can learn and grow.
Another thing which is required is a teacher should be fully qualified to attend kids and nurture them, teaching staff should be monitored by the supervisor. A proper chain of command should be followed from principal to supervisor to a teacher. The communication process must be clear from all ends, and all members should mutually design the curriculum required to be taught by teachers.
No negligence from any end should be tolerated as it’s a matter of small innocent children. Any object or any risk factor should not be undermined but looked closely so that risk should be minimized.
If you are taking young kids to trip permission letters must be signed by guardians first after that it’s a sole responsibility of a school to manage each and everything from food to buses and rides was taken by children.