Babies are the most precious gift from God. Therefore as parents, it becomes our prime responsibility to take utmost care of these precious little treasures and make the most of their infanthood. Both the parents are extremely cautious for their child, but mothers usually share a closer bond with their children. Therefore they strive to go extra miles for taking care of every necessity of their infants, from buying cute little outfits to chemical-free baby products. Including baby lotions, baby soap, and baby oil etc. Among these essential products, the baby oil is usually used for providing massage to the baby. This is considered as an effective and essential thing for your baby as massage has significant benefits for your little one.
Massage not only strengthens the bonding between the mother and the child, but it also increases the blood circulation and relaxes the muscles of the baby. Therefore parents who are extremely cautious for the health and well-being of their children should consider the best massage oil and other products for their baby, which are essential for their daily use.
First-time parents are usually unaware of the delicate skin and organs of their babies; therefore, they should ask or consult health workers or a paediatrician before using different products for their babies. There are a variety of products available online as well as in outlets where you can find several chemical-free, and organic products for your children as the skin of the new-borns are extremely sensitive. To give a relaxing and comforting massage to your child, you need to have the baby massage oil, which can not only moisturize the skin of your baby but also provide the body with a nurturing effect with essential vitamins.
Here we will share with you some of the most significant benefits of massage as well as important tips and tactics for providing effective and relaxing massage to your baby.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
There are several benefits, which are related to the massage of the babies. Some of them are as follows,
Physical and health-related benefits
· It increases blood circulation and stiffness from the bones and muscles of the baby.
· It provides a relaxing and nurturing effect on the skin and bones of your baby.
· It removes cramps due to the accumulation of gases in the body of the baby.
· It strengthens the bones and ligaments in the body of an infant.
· Improves weight gain, along with maintaining the heart rate of the infant.
· The most amazing benefit, which is abundant with the baby massage is that it increases the bond between mother and the child and the child can connect and feel the touch of their mother which provides them with a sense of satisfaction and comfort which is extremely beneficial for the child.
· Not only with mother but fathers can also create an amazing bond with their children by providing massage to them once or twice a week. This can increase their bonding and handling their children effectively.
BEST TIME FOR MASSAGE
The best time of massage is in the morning or the night when you are not occupied with any other work or responsibility. This enables you to concentrate completely on the baby as the skin and bones of the baby are extremely delicate, and a single wrong move or stroke, which is done in haste can bring severe consequences. Therefore it is always suggested that the massage should be done while the child is in relaxing mode before sleeping.
The comfortable feeling of massage oil relaxes the muscles of the child, and they can sleep peacefully after every massage.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP WITH YOURSELF WHILE MASSAGING
· The baby massage oil
· A warm and soft towel
· A comfortable wrapping sheet for the baby
· Tissues and cloth for cleaning your hands after the massage
Massages are usually performed over the bed. However, these things are essential to keep in the vicinity of yourself either at the side table or the other side of the bed. So that you do not have to leave the child in the middle of the massage to reach for towel or tissues in case you have an excess of oil on your hands.
ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR PROVIDING THE PERFECT MASSAGE
There are various essential tips which are available online or you can consult your pediatrician if you are hesitant to start massage for your child. There are some basic techniques which should be followed while you are giving massage to your baby.
· In case you are a first-time parent, you should first consult a pediatrician or doctor before you start giving massage to your child so that you can be aware of the delicate spots or sensitive skin of your baby before giving them a massage.
· Always use a baby massage oil or an emollient cream, which provides a soothing and moisturizing massage to your baby.
· While choosing the best massage oil, you must choose the one who has vegetable oils in their ingredients, such as Jojoba oil, Grapeseed and essential oils such as lavender oil so that they have a nurturing and moisturizing effect on the body of your child.
· Before you start, take a small quantity of oil or cream at your hands and start applying the massage oil from the toes and legs of the baby.
· Gently massaging over the legs, knees and thighs, gradually move your hands upwards towards the back of the child and gently massage over the back, until you feel it is sufficient for the baby.
· Take precaution before rubbing the baby's tummy for massaging as the tummy is a delicate place and baby can vomit or feel pain if you will massage with more force.
· After massaging the back and tummy area, the hands and neck should be rubbed gently. After neck and hands massage, now it is time for giving a warm head massage to the child so that they may get blissfully relaxed and get asleep if they have enjoyed your massage.
· It is essential to massage your baby daily; however, if you have lesser time, then you can reduce the time to three or four times a week.
These tips are extremely effective and essential to consider before starting the massage. As the bodies and skin can differ from baby to baby, therefore, it is possible that your baby has more sensitive or delicate skin or maybe a certain oil is not suitable for them. Therefore it is essential that if you find any of the changes in the skin of the baby or the baby is continuously crying while the massage then you should immediately consult a health worker or pediatrician.
Overall it can be summarised that providing massage to babies is an extremely beneficial thing when it comes to connecting and strengthening the bond with your children. Moreover, the physical benefits of massage for the baby are nevertheless extremely beneficial for the infants. Therefore it can be concluded that the most important thing which they can do for the strong bones and muscle strength for their child is to give them a regular massage. As parents go over the miles for their children, from shopping cute outfits for their children to buying baby products which are essential for their daily use; the parents want to do everything for their child.
It is also extremely crucial to make sure that the baby products, which you are buying for your child are completely free from any harmful and hazardous chemicals, as the skin of the babies is extremely soft and delicate. Lastly, it is suggested that massage should be provided gently and at a smooth pace so that the baby will not only enjoy the massage but also gets a relaxing and comfortable sleep after the massage.