The probable lifespan of a roof is around thirty to forty years only provided it was well-constructed with high quality material. Roofs are extremely prone to weather damages because they are the barest part of a house so it requires repairs in some parts more often. Taking proper care of the roofing is essential. Doing the necessary repairs to prevent leakages in rainy weather is important. The leakages lead to the development of moisture that can harm the structures of the house. You must ensure that you use the best quality of roofing materials so that you can securely enjoy years of protection.
One of the most important features of making a concrete house is the roofing. It controls the temperature of the interior of the house by preventing excess heat penetration from outside. It also adds to the architectural appeal and protects you from the surrounding elements. Depending on the type of roof structure which you choose for your house, you could make use of the roof tiles, roofing sheets, ridge caps, roof insulation and underpayment. There are different types of roof shingles, paneling and roof tiles which are used for decorative purposes as well as are functional to protect you.
In the regions which faces high frequency of wind or barely occupied places where a hurricane or cyclone may make landfall, the main consideration from the engineering and technological point of view which needs to be done is to hold the roofing during the severity of the storms. Each and every roof component with all its structure faces a tremendous force of wind as they withstand the uplift forces of high speeds of wind. This is again accomplished by the successful usage of metal tiles coming from a reputed company which are fastened to each truss or rafter. This is not marked as a major problem in areas which are not prone to extreme climatic conditions or high wind frequency.
- You can go for the metal roofing systems whose incredible longevity makes it more appealing though a bit costly. You also could avail the options for aluminum and steel roofing which are comparatively less useful as it has the drawbacks of making a higher noise during high winds and rain. It also possesses the risk of getting dents which might hamper the overall look.
- If you reside in a location where the temperature is usually high, then you could consider the use of polycarbonate roofing. It would be the best option for you if you desire for something which would be shatterproof as well as much lighter in weight to withstand extreme temperature conditions.
- The polycarbonate roofing is available in the market in two variants which are namely, translucent forms and opaque forms.
- The translucent roofing gives the best possible protection from the ultra violet rays of the sun. However, the opaque forms of poly-carbonate roofing are used for the industrial set ups.
- No matter whichever roofing pattern and style you choose for your place you must ensure that it is made up of the best quality. So, you must appoint an authentic and verified company before you settle down to have the roofing of your place done.
In recent times, the timber roofs are framed with pairs of common rafters or wooden fabricated trusses which are fastened together tightly with the connector plates made of truss. The historic buildings are timber framed and are made with principal rafters. The roofing is mainly done to protect the house from extreme climatic conditions. The design of roof making is done with regard to thermal building, ventilation and insulation. The steepness or the pitch of the sloped roof is primarily determined by the aesthetic designs and covering material of roof. The roofs which have a flattened structure slopes up to approximately ten degrees to shed water. The roofs which lie flat are primarily found in the arid regions.