People are living longer and staying healthier than ever before. But, there are diseases that can sneak up on the 50+ crowd and cause health problems and if not treated, earlier death. By taking better care of themselves, seniors can live healthier, longer lives. Some changes involve lifestyle improvements and eating a better diet. Another way to stay healthier as one age might involve taking proven health supplements.
What is Klotho Protein?
The human body produces many helpful substances to heal itself. One such substance is klotho protein. some people produce more and some people produce less of this protein. Those people who produce more klotho protein stay healthier and have better cognitive performance levels. Klotho is produced in the human kidney and protects against kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Can Klotho Supplements help?
But some people do not produce enough of this valuable protein and this may lead to decreased insulin production. These people may benefit from taking supplemental klotho protein.
How is klotho protein administered to patients? Klotho is delivered by injection or by pill form. Lifestyle and diet changes can also increase a person's production of klotho. Exercise and vitamin D supplements may help increase klotho levels at least temporarily. People need to seek their primary physician's advice and testing to determine if taking a supplement to increase klotho will improve their health. Testing is not complete as to the many benefits of this supplement, but there are many diseases associated with aging that may respond to this supplement.
Diseases to Watch for If A Person is 50 Or Older
As people age, they need to have regular health checkups and follow a healthy lifestyle including exercise and a balanced diet. As a person ages, it is important to give up bad habits such as smoking and overindulgence in alcohol and other unhealthy substances. These health conditions may cause problems.
1. Osteoporosis is a condition that affects bones, making them weaker and less dense. A doctor can administer a bone density test or DEXA scan.
2. An older person may develop age-related vision problems such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration. Getting regular vision checkups can avoid these problems or catch them in time for effective treatment.
3. Almost 43 % of older Americans have some extent of hearing loss. Regular hearing tests can catch hearing loss and treat it. Hearing aids can help.
4. Cognitive impairment or memory loss related to aging can be a real concern. The more serious form is Alzheimer’s disease which is a progressive and irreversible brain disease with no cure at this time. Prevention is an important consideration.
5. Diabetes is a disease whose risk gets greater as we age. Diabetes is a disease where a person's blood sugar or glucose is at too high levels and causes damage to many parts of the body. This is a condition that can be controlled.
6. Heart disease happens when an older body and an aging heart must work harder to move blood around the body. Heart attacks and strokes can also happen. Regular health checkups can detect heart problems and the doctor can prescribe medications to control it.
7. chronic pain and arthritis can make life uncomfortable. Joints can wear out with the fluid and cartilage in joints disappearing so bone scrapes on the bone. There are medications and treatments to control this condition.
8. There are other issues such as inner ear problems or medications causing problems with balance or dizziness. A doctor can help with this problem. Other problems that need attention could be incontinence and trouble sleeping or insomnia.
Living a healthier lifestyle and getting regular medical checkups can go a long way toward living longer and healthier lives. The good news is that there are things each person can do to live a healthier life as they age. Food supplements, a good diet, and exercise are all things that help the body stay healthier and function better.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.