If you want to ensure that your car is in peak condition and remain efficient for a long time, you should opt for car service at regular intervals. A motor vehicle service is a set of maintenance methods, which are implemented for maintaining the standard functions and features of an automobile for ensuring peak performance and efficiency. These steps are taken at specific time gaps or after the car have traversed specific distances. The service intervals are specified by the vehicle manufacturer during a service time. In some modern cars the expiration date for the next service is shown in the instrument panel. Completed services are usually recorded in a service book that is sealed with rubber by the service center upon completion of each service, the receipt is given. Now, we all have known that the regular servicing of vehicle is important but at the same time, it is also important to know that the servicing is done by a professional. Car manufacturers recommend taking vehicle for service at the following situations.
- Number of trips and distance traveled per trip per day.
- Extreme conditions of heat or cold.
- Mountainous, dusty or thawed roads.
- Weighing the high-and-forward against the long distance recorded.
- Towing a vehicle or other heavy load.
Experienced car service advisors at dealerships and garages recommend programming intervals, which are often between the ideal or extreme service hours. They are based on driving conditions and the behavior of the car owner or driver.
Common Maintenance Tasks:
The maintenance tasks that are commonly performed during a car service include:
- Changing engine oil
- Replacing oil filter
- Replacing air filter
- Replacing fuel filter
- Replacing cabin filter
- Replacing spark plugs
- Engine tuning
- Checking the level and filling of the brake fluid and the clutch fluid.
- Check brake pads or linings, brake discs or drums and replacing them if needed.
- Checking the level and fill with the power steering fluid
- Checking the level and filling the automatic or manual transmission fluid
- Lubrication of the components
- Inspection and replacement of the timing belt or distribution chain if necessary.
- Checking the condition of the tires.
- Checking the correct functioning of all lights, windshield wipers, etc.
- Check if there are error codes in the ECU and take corrective action.
- Cleaning of the vehicle and the interiors.
The mechanical parts that can make the car stop transmitting or being tested dangerous for the road are also noticed and advised.
What All Tasks Are Included in Car Service
- Disassembly and assembly of components and assemblies of the car
- Diagnosing a car and its components using diagnostic equipment.
- Full and timely maintenance of the car
- Repair of units and units of the car
- Adjustment of mechanisms and parts
- Wheel adjustment or replacement
History of Car Servicing:
With the development of road transport, the number of people owning cars has also increased. The sharp increase in the number of cars in the 30s of the 20th century in connection with the invention of the conveyor belt by Henry Ford led to the demand for specialists in repairing them. In the 50s of the XX century, the complexity of the design of the car and the emergence of complex diagnostic equipment led to the specialization of car mechanics: mechanic, car electrician, painter, vulcanizer, etc. There is still a need for specialists of a wide profile who can coordinate the work of other auto mechanics. In many countries, car mechanics are trained in vocational schools and training workshops. Today, it is one of the most popular and highly paid working professions. Today, you can find highly trained and experienced car service professionals.
It can be suggested that you should look for car service professionals who have a good reputation and are known to be highly efficient.