Credit: PJ Library- Visit https://pjlibrary.org/hanukkah for more free, creative recipes, activities, podcasts and more!
- 1 large russet potato, peeled
- 1 large zucchini, peeled
- ½ head of cauliflower
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Grate together potato, zucchini, cauliflower, and onion. Use a food processor to make this step faster.
- Wrap the vegetable mixture in a cheesecloth or a lightweight kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables with garlic, flour, baking powder, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat ½ inch of oil on medium-high. Carefully drop a heaping tablespoon of latke mixture into oil.
- Fry for roughly 2 minutes, then flip and fry the other side.
- Transfer each latke to a paper towel-lined platter.
- Serve while warm.
About PJ Library
A free program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, PJ Library sends engaging storybooks and activities that provide fun and easy ways for families to connect with Jewish life. PJ Library’s high-quality books have become everyday favorites of kids from birth through age 12, whether the stories serve as first introductions to Jewish values and culture or inspire families to create new Jewish traditions at home. More than 680,000 books are delivered to families worldwide each month. To find out more, visit pjlibrary.org.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.