Leftover Chocolate Chunk Cookies & Cute Valentine Idea
I love when we have a ton of leftover chocolate from the holidays. The best thing to do with it is make cookies or muffins, it makes nice cake decor if you grate it into shavings to. I am trying to use up everything I have in my cupboards this month so I am making some delicious cookies today.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F .
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Valentines Day is coming up fast and the best way to save money on valentines treats is to make them yourself. So if you start now you will be in great shape. I love the idea of giving something other then candy any store bought cards it just makes it so much more heart felt and special. I also love the fact of getting a healthy snack instead of candy. So here is what I will be making: