Reno debris, furniture, yard waste top list of materials being picked up by JustJunk
After being cooped up inside for months of cold weather, it’s no wonder many Canadians bid good riddance to winter and greet the change of season with a traditional spring activity — cleaning and decluttering.
We finally get fed up with the lumpy old couch with the springs poking through the cushions or the squeaky treadmill that takes up the entire dining room after many long, cold weeks of putting up with them.
Just like buds sprouting from trees and grass turning from brown to green, piles of old furniture and discarded household goods at the end of the curb are a sure sign of spring across the country.
With the first official day of spring looming on March 20, junk removal expert JustJunk is already seeing a surge in interest from homeowners who want help with their spring clean-up.
“The spring and summer are always the busiest months of the year for our crews,” says Mike Thorne, President of St. Catharines, Ont.-based JustJunk.com. “We’re able to remove virtually anything, ranging from regular old furniture and miscellaneous garage clutter, to the really difficult-to-move stuff like freezers and pianos.”
After 15 years as a leader in the junk removal industry, here are the Top 5 things JustJunk.com expects to be picking up as Canadians do their spring cleaning this year:
1. Renovation Debris:
· Old carpet, drywall, wood paneling and dilapidated decks from do-it-yourselfers keeping busy over the winter.
2. Odds and Ends from the Garage:
· “I’m just gonna put this in the garage for now,” adds up to parking in the driveway year-round very quickly. Many Canadians tackle this trouble spot when the weather turns warm.
3. Funky Furniture:
· Box spings and mattresses that need to be put to sleep, coffee tables that were out of date a generation ago, and all kinds of other pieces of furniture that no longer cut it.
· Fridges, stoves, freezers washing machines and old hot tubs that even time machines couldn’t save.
5. Yard Waste
· Spring cleaning doesn’t only happen inside. Homeowners also get rid of a lot of garden waste, dead sod and soil removed during backyard makeovers.
JustJunk.com crews help ensure as much of the material they collect as possible is recycled or donated to charitable organizations for re-use, helping to divert waste from landfills.
JustJunk.com removes junk and unwanted materials/items from residential and commercial properties including furniture, appliances, garden refuse and construction and demolition debris. The pricing rates include all labour, loading of the materials from anywhere on the property, clean up and all disposal or recycling fees. Customers are provided with an up-front, written estimate before any work begins.
To learn more, please visit: www.justjunk.com.