Ice Cream Cake Recipe
This ice cream cake is absolutely delicious and is completely comparable to Dairy Queen cakes but costs under $10 to make a big one! So if you have been searching high and low for the best, easiest, and cheapest recipe look no further! The one pictured is a loaf pan but this recipe can be doubled or tripled to make huge cakes!
You will need:
For the Crust
1 cup graham crumbs
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 melted tbsp butter or margarine
For the middle
1 tub of vanilla ice cream
For the topping
1 package of Epicure Chocolate Fudge Sauce
1 container of chocolate fudge sauce from any grocery store
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the ice cream out and let it sit on the counter to soften. Begin by mixing all the crust ingredients in a bowl until it resembles wet sand that will stick together when pressed.
2. Press the crust into the pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Take the crust out and let it cool completely.
3. Mix the vanilla ice cream until it is soft and easy to use. Spread the ice cream on top of the crust and make it smooth and even on top. Put it in the freezer to harden for half an hour to an hour.
4. Prepare the fudge sauce. I used one package of Epicure Chocolate Fudge Sauce and I prepared it with one cup of milk and brought it to a rolling boil and then a simmer stirring constantly for 15 minutes until it thickened. I let it cool completely before pouring it over the hardened ice cream. You can do the same with any chocolate sauce or even cooked chocolate pudding mix. Let the cake harden completely about 4 hours.
5. Top with whipped cream and enjoy! You can add any toppings or fillings to this cake just like Dairy Queen does and make it your very own creation! Get creative, spoil yourself with a treat but save some cash by doing it yourself!