In a digital age, most of us look to Instagram for travel inspiration. Our feeds are saturated with colorful photos that can help us recover from any adventure, cure post-trip blues or give a little boost to inspire the next excursion. But contrary to the old saying, a picture isn’t always worth a thousand words. In fact, literary legends, iconic travelers and educated globetrotters are excellent proof of this. Their words of wisdom about our great world — in the form of books, mantras and quotes are certain to inspire wanderlust in the way that photos can’t.
There are travel quotes about journeys, self-discovery, adventure and those that inspire us to live life to the fullest. So, if you’re ready for a little wanderlust pick me up, take a look at this collection of 61 travel quotes, complete with postcard printables.
Print out your favorite design and write in your favorite inspirational quote from world-renowned travelers. Add them to your home, office or send to a friend this holiday season.
- “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” — Lovelle Drachman
- “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Acke
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal!” — Paul Coelho
- “Adventure is a path. Real adventure, self-determined, self-motivated, often risky, forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world” – Mark Jenkins
- “A person susceptible to “wanderlust” is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” — Gustave Flaubert
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” — Eugene Fodor
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” — Carew Papritz
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” — Tim Cahill
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Don’t just tell your children about the world. Show them.” — Unknown
- “The most beautiful country is the one I’ve never been to.” — Unknown
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” — Benjamin Disraeli
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” — Mohammed
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.”— Robert Louis Stevenson
- “A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” — John A. Shedd