Electricity is an important part of our day-to-day lives. But if precautions are not taken, it can be hazardous as well. The wirings and the power outlets can be a life threat if not maintained and taken care of with a regular check by an electrician. Here are the signs to detect unhealthy wiring and you should take these signs as a signal to call the electrician.
If there is a system failure and it puts you in the dark. If electrical circuit-breakers often keep tripping or fuse blow frequently, then your circuits are drawing more current than they can safely provide. This may also be an indication of a dangerous fault on one or more circuits. Call an electricianright away.
Moving Into or Out of a Home:
Relocating to a new house or apartment can be an exciting experience, but there are many things to be taken care of before you can sit back and relax. Before putting your home on the market, it is important to make sure that it is safe and perfectly suitable for a new family. That means that any outlets or fixtures that gave you trouble in the past should be taken care of so that they do not cause problems for the new homeowners. If you are the one looking for a home, hiring your own electrician to scope it out is never a bad idea.
The Flickering Lights:
If your lights flicker and wane or your hair dryer gives the vanity lamp a moment's pause or when the fridge or air conditioner comes on, the ceiling lights dim, get the wiring of the building checked by an electrician.
When you remove an outlet or switch cover, are bits of black rubber found in the box? Are a lot of the wires covered in cloth instead of plastic? If you have an old home and the answers to this question are yes, it means the insulation on the wires is antiquated and dangerously deficient for today's needs of an electrical circuit. You need to understand that the old standards just don't apply anymore. So put the task of calling an electrician at the top of your today’s to-do list.
Switches Warm To Touch:
If you get a warm, tingly feeling all over when you press a switch or outlets, switches or other electrical system surfaces are warm to the touch or you see any blackening nearby on the switch plate, wall, switch terminals or wire ends, a switch or outlet gives a mild shock, then problem could be too much loading on the circuit, or it may even be something far more complicated and dangerous. If your home was built and wired during the period between 1965 and 1975, it may even have aluminum wiring. That’s another reason to have it checked regularly with an electrician.
If you notice rust or moisture on or under your home's main service panel, it's a sign that something is definitely going wrong. Deterioration at the panel actually threatens the main wiring connections within, and that indicates similar problems throughout your electrical system. Get the system checked and restored by an electrician at the earliest to avoid a huge mishap.
There is no reason to accept that an outlet simply does not work. If your outlets do not work the way they should, call an electrician and have the problem addressed. Also, keep an eye out for appliances that malfunction after consistently being plugged into the same outlet.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.