There are a large number of reasons to cut back on the amount of waste your family produces. The top 2 reasons are the environment, and saving money. Believe it or not you can make a dent in your budget by using reusable containers for lunches and leftovers, and not taking trips to the dump or paying for extra bag tags to remove excess waste when garbage day comes around!
The less waste your family produces also helps the environment by not adding to the already overflowing landfills around the globe. The amount of disposal services and employees that are required to handle all our waste bins costs a fortune. Bins Toronto spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to maintain the trash created by those within the area and the amount is steadily increasing over the years. So how can we try to cut back on our waste production and save our cash and environment? Here are a few tips:
- Only use reusable lunch containers for your family members
- Buy in bulk to reduce the amount of small containers and boxes you bring in your house
- Step up your recycling routine to cut back on trash
- Start a compost pile
- Ask around local farms if they want your vegetable scraps and egg shells
- Save your boxes and containers to use for crafts or storage
- Buy less and start a minimalist lifestyle
- Invest in a kindle or e reader to cut back on book purchases
These tips will help you to begin your new journey to minimalist living where you can save more money and lessen your carbon footprint by a lot! Try taking tips from the hippies and those who lived through the Great Depression. They buy less, use everything they have and appreciate life a whole lot more than those who go spend crazy!