Taking your taste buds on a foreign culinary adventure is something everyone deserves a chance to do. I have always wondered what kind of snacks people in Japan have eaten but will never be traveling in that direction to see first hand, with Japanese Candy boxes off Amazon I have the ability to taste and share with my family the amazing snacks from Japan.
This is what my box contained:
- Chibi Maruko-Chan Marshmallow which is little marshmallows filled with grape jelly
- Corn Soup Crisps which are chips that taste like delicious corn soup
- Super Cola candies that taste like cola with a fizzy centre
- Pocket Juice Stick that can be drank as is or frozen like a freezie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Crunch chocolate bar
- Corn Sticks that are puffed corn in different flavors
- Chibichan Noodles are a tasty noodle snack that can be eaten as is
- Takoyaki Balls are octopus flavored snacks
- Konpeito is a traditional Japanese candy made of sugar crystals and flavoring
- DIY Gummy Kit you just add water and make your own treats
- Sour Lemon Gum Challenge is 3 gum balls, one of which is super sour
- Makken Gummy is a gummy sticky hand
- And a bonus candy called Fettuccine Gummy tasty gummies that are grape flavored
All of these treats were delicious in their own special way and my kids enjoyed every single one! Eager to try all of these new treats my kids were happily digging in without any fear of new flavors, they had so much fun.
I was very surprised to see the amount of treats that were in my package and it is something that made me want to try more new flavors from Japan. Japanese candy boxes offer a lot more then just the wonderful subscription box I got. I highly recommend you check out some options if you have a hard to buy for person on your Christmas list this year.