After purchasing a new home or moving into a rental apartment space, individuals are often faced with the daunting task of renovation projects.
Whether it’s an overhaul a property with structural issues or changing a room to match your personal style, investing in a remodel can be costly and time-consuming. But it doesn’t always have to be; with a few cosmetic changes and a fresh coat of paint, you can complete a quick-fix remodel in an approachable and cost-effective fashion.
"Small-scale renovation projects are affordable options for homeowners looking to revitalize their living space,” says Kenana Al Yakobi, Pfister Canada Channel Manager for Spectrum Brands Inc. “The key to renovating a bathroom on a budget is updating individual fixtures and incorporating unifying colours and textures that establish balance.”
Looking for small-scale improvements with big impact? The team at Pfister offers the following quick fixes to refresh your bathroom space:
· Introduce a Pop of Paint — Brighten up your bathroom by painting dated walls and refinishing tiles and appliances. One accessible quick-fix to make your space feel new is glazing an old bathtub; select a fresh vibrant colour that complements your bathroom’s motif. Painting an accent wall is another change that can revitalize your bathroom space. Choose a bold colour that introduces contrast, as this will work to capture the eye and make your space appear larger.
· Reframe a Mirror — Changing the frame on an aging mirror is simple step to make it feel new again. Select frames with modern metallic finishes such as brushed nickel and gold, which reflect light and will give your bathroom a modern and polished appearance.
· Change Lighting Features —Add new lightbulbs and incorporate decorative lighting fixtures into your bathroom space to open the room and create space and dimension. LEDs and incandescent bulbs with warm white or cooler white temperatures are preferred as they resemble natural daylight.
· Update Hardware —Rather than renovating an entire shower or vanity, save money by replacing aged bathroom fixtures with modern pieces. Swap older showerheads and faucets out and replace with stylish and affordable hardware options. Select hardware with finishes that complement the aesthetic of your bathroom: brushed gold and bronze finishes can add a touch of warmth and luxury into a space while polished chrome and nickel finishes reflect sleek sophistication.
· Maximize Space — Introduce additional storage into your bathroom to keep items organized and compact. Install shelves and towel racks where soaps and linens can be kept in place. The less clutter kept on your the bathroom vanity, the more spacious and relaxing your bathroom will feel.
For more information on Pfister Faucets, please visit pfisterfaucets.ca. Stay connected on social media by liking Pfister Faucets on Facebook, following on Twitter @PfisterFaucets and getting some great design ideas on Pinterest.
For more information on Spectrum Brands, please visit spectrumbrands.com.
Pfister is part of Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI), a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware and plumbing products with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister® and EZSET®. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders’ hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), and #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister). Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia.
HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Spectrum Brands is a global, diversified consumer products company and a leading supplier of consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware and plumbing products, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents, and auto care products. Spectrum Brands employs approximately 15,500 employees worldwide and sells to the top 25 global retailers with products in more than one million stores.