Summer is here in full force and it’s time for picnics, barbecues and parties. The best way to beat the summer heat is with refreshing and delicious popsicles but nobody wants all the added sugars. These healthy superfood popsicles will cool down the kids and be a nutritious alternative to the other juice pops you find in the stores.
Pomegranate & Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup strawberry or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups frozen or fresh pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp water
1. Pour the yogurt in a small bowl and mix it with the milk to make it easier to pour. You can use almond or soy milk if you like.
2. Pour the yogurt mixture into the popsicle molds and set aside.
3. Pour the pomegranate arils into a blender with the water and combine with water. Blend until the arils have been completely crushed. You may need to add more water if using frozen as they turn into a slush consistency.
4. Strain the pomegranate mix to remove any hard pieces from the arils. You will be left with a beautiful deep red pomegranate juice.
5. Pour the pomegranate juice into the popsicle molds in top of the yogurt mixture. Take a butter knife and gently swirl the mixtures together just slightly to create a marbled look.
6. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight! Serve on a hot summer day and eat as many as you like guilt free!