An air conditioner is an essential appliance in today's time when comfort and relaxation are our priority. But which heating and cooling system should we choose? Here, we are about to discuss a common and well-known air conditioning option, split systems.
In split systems, the refrigerant is transformed from gas to liquid with a compressor's help by circulating it through the outdoor unit. This liquid goes to the indoor evaporator coil. The circulation of indoor unit fans makes the air pass through metal fins that alter thermal energy.
Now the refrigerant again transforms into gas, thus eliminating heat from the surrounding air and making the air cool. This chilled air is then passed back into the room. Hence making it less harmful than other systems.
This process goes on until you get the expected temperature in your room. You can adjust the temperature and program the system to get the temperature you prefer. All this is right here at your fingertips.
Advantages of Split Systems
- Put It Anywhere - Split systems are compact. The compressor can be kept outdoor and away from the unit, and the installation doesn't require making holes through the wall.
- Stylish - It can sound surprising, but split system HVAC is slender and pretty stylish to adorn your room. It doesn't eat up much space, and the variety of designs and colors make it suit your interior.
- Efficient - These are modern and updated systems available in the market. You can expect the best service from it. The advanced heating and cooling system in a split AC is what you need to monitor the room temperature conveniently.
- Easy Maintenance - The maintenance of split AC is super easy. You may require yearly servicing to make it function properly. Otherwise, you don't need to panic about maintaining the AC. The company itself will provide free service as per their terms and conditions.
Disadvantages of Split Systems
The disadvantages of split systems are considerable too. Let us know the demerits of split systems.
- Pricey - The cost of split AC is high, and it can be unaffordable for many people. Also, you would require hiring a professional to install the indoor and outdoor units of the split AC. The overall cost is much higher compared to other AC.
- Installation Procedure - You would need to find a professional to install the split AC. It may take time to find a licensed expert to install the units, which can be time-consuming.
- Outdoor Unit Location - You need to install two units, and thus selecting a location to install the outdoor unit can be difficult. It can be hard to manage enough space to place the outdoor unit in a multistorey building. Managing space can be an issue.
- Noise - The outdoor unit produces noise that can be disturbing for many people. Thus, you may like to opt for it carefully so that your family and neighbors don't feel irritated by the noise of it.
- Environmental Harms - The outdoor unit produces harmful waste gases that can contribute to substantial air pollution and are incredibly harmful.
Split systems have their advantages and disadvantages. The service provided by this AC is satisfactory. People barely complain about its performance. Also, the advanced mechanisms used to make maintenance easier and performance quality top-notch. You should always keep track of the servicing needs of the system you install.
Nevertheless, the cost of the split system AC, installation procedure, accommodating the units into the space, noise, and adverse effects on the environment are significant drawbacks. Considering the benefits and loopholes and consulting an expert before making the final decision of purchase.